Cloud Technology implementation needs better control for Boards to get full benefit.
What I am hearing is that the tide of technology is changing so fast that many are struggling to keep up.
• Identity, data, and threat management is improving at speed
• AI, Machine Learning, and Blockchain are emerging
• Legacy data is often still in transition
My experience at 3 top Global players confirms this with:
• Sponsors absent, leaving teams without leadership
• Lack of Programme co-ordination impacting team spirit, direction and pace
• Leadership by Technical Architects for a key business transformation
Top Sport is a benchmark for all brands to aspire to, for as sportsmen and colleagues move up to more complex challenges, everything gets faster with more at stake.
• You get sharper, fitter, leaner and much better
• You have control at all times
• The team is transparent, collaborative and careful
My experience of how to control your implementation reflects sport for:
1. Vision and Plan
2. Core delivery
3. Landing the service.
1. Vison and Plan
Global Business Strategy of the executive and sponsor defines requirements for a baseline plan
• The challenge is to get the whole team focused on the critical path
• The collaborative team have tasks but must be aware of the wider challenges
• CEO to office cleaner have roles and responsibilities in a mature and valued structure
A tight cage of Governance can control the pressure and resolve escalations
2. Core delivery
Once you kick off from the baseline, you need a robust method to get pieces and parts to glue together
• Leadership, relationships and discipline can pull the whole team through when the inevitable major challenges come
• Recognise the dynamics of day to day activities, from stage and sponsor reviews,
• Great players in your resource will still have to make the right decisions in the moment
A War room, with simple rules provide a command centre for ordered debate, review and resolution
3. Landing the service
Users want data to flow securely as they move to become business winners:
• Do they trust product creation, access and use?
• Variation in knowledge and affinity of different generations, makes this a tall order
• Onboarding needs minimal teething problems, as we ramp up
Too many challenges will eventually impact user confidence and benefits
Elite athletes resolve these problems, with an amazing attitude and a performance that shines
How are you changing your attitude in implementing cloud, or other similar programmes?
More on Sport as a solution in my next blog
About the Author
Bob’s background in Programme and Project Management, covers 25 years delivering and improving for profit, in leading edge technology across AI in the 90’s, Satellite communication, Going Digital, Change Management to Cloud.